Preparing the Way of Revival.
A voice is calling, ‘Clear the way of the Lord in the wilderness. Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Make ready the way of the Lord. Make His paths straight. (Isa 40:3)
We know this is talking about what John the Baptist did for Jesus. We also believe that our prayers can clear a way for the Lord and make the way of the Lord. We each can be a voice calling out through our prayers!! Combining our voices with fasting is very powerful! So CALL OUT/PRAY!
In Matthew 7 Jesus said: “Ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be open.
I want to share a few declarations/prayers by Sylvia Gunter that we have been using at Revival Prayer on Saturday nights. Use your voice and call out some of these declarations/prayers.
· I ask that each of us will prepare a way of the Lord in our own hearts, the highway of holiness, the way of purification, praise, and prayer. (Matt 3:2-3, Isa 40:3-5)
· I ask that God will stir up a holy discontent with things-as-they-are, with business-as-usual, so we will deeply desire to go deeper with God and to see His glory. (Exo 33:18)
· I ask that God will open our eyes as He reveals Himself in new dimensions of holiness and power, that we will ask for it and expect it, and that He will do it. (Isa 6:3, 5b, 8)
· I ask that God will tune our ears to hear His voice, to be still and wait before Him, to know His gentlest whisper, and to allow His Word to speak to us every day! (Psa 46:10, Isa 50:4)
· I ask that God will give us a new eagerness to be what He wants us to be, so that He can do what He wants to do through us. Lord: Break, Mold, Make, and Conform us into the image of Christ. (Matt 5:6, 2 Cor 3:18)
· I ask that we will utterly submit to Jesus Christ, Lord of all of life and live under the control of the Holy Spirit moment by moment and receive His filling in every area of our lives. I also ask that we will obey instantly all the promptings, commands and desires of Jesus by the Spirit to the glory of the Father. (Eph 5:18-19; 1 Sam 15:22-23).
· I ask that God will orchestrate prayer agreement beyond our personal daily communion with Him and we will come together as a people in worship and intercession at His throne of grace. That we will devote ourselves extraordinarily to prayer until God visits us in a way unmistakable that the only explanation is God! (Heb 4:16, Col 4:2, Acts 6:4)
I have shared seven declarations/prayers, one for every day of the week. Make a time every day to CALL OUT. Use your voice to PREPARE the WAY of REVIVAL. Combined with fasting your PRAYER is SUPER EFFECTIVE.
Thanks for joining with us.
Pastor Ed Langeliers, Jr.