WELCOME TO THE 21 DAY FAST || DAY 16 : JAN. 19, 2016
The Best Conversation You’ll Have All Day
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” - Jeremiah 33:3
“Come near to God and He will come near to you.” - James 4:8
We talk a lot! Think about the conversations you have engaged in over the past couple of days: deep conversations with friends, casual conversations with acquaintances, unscripted conversations with family, humorous conversations with self . . . we talk a lot! In fact, research show that the average person speaks around 16,000 words per day! I repeat, 16,000 WORDS!
Which begs the question: are we engaging daily in the “best conversation”?
Are we genuinely, individually talking to God?
God wants to talk to us. Really, it’s amazing! You know, like when two people take turns speaking and listening? God wants to talk to us, and He wants us to talk to Him - not confined just to a certain day or a special conference. He wants a relationship that is living, breathing, vibrant, significant. All this may sound pretty elementary, but I pray we allow this truth to come alive in us again in a new way this year!
Here are a couple things I have learned about talking to God:
1. Be real. When answering important phone calls...I sometimes have caught myself using my “special telephone voice” - deeper, controlled, more articulated. God doesn’t want that. He just wants us to be real.
2. Listen. It’s amazing what we will hear, if we will simply listen. Multiple times, the Bible says, “He who has an ear, let him hear…”
3. Great Questions. I will never forget being taught at a young age two simple questions that are great to talk to God about:
- “Father, what are you doing?”
- “How can I be a part of it?”
Take a couple minutes to ask Him those questions today!
Have an incredible day!
Youth Intern | New Life Worship Center